Re: [ISN] Editorial - Hacker Vs. Cracker, Revisited

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 01 1998 - 22:41:54 PDT

    Reply From: Aleph One <aleph1at_private>

    > I've got a solution.  How about this:
    >
    > We call a hacker a hacker.
    > We call this new "cracker" person a computer criminal.
    > We call software crackers a cracker.

    Showing your root's there DT ;) If we were to follow your logic we would
    not call software crackers a cracker. We would call them copyright
    infringers.

    Aleph One / aleph1at_private
    http://underground.org/
    KeyID 1024/948FD6B5
    Fingerprint EE C9 E8 AA CB AF 09 61  8C 39 EA 47 A8 6A B8 01

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Repent Security Incorporated [www.repsec.com]