RE: [ISN] "Un-Copies"? New way to destroy confidential docs..

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 26 1998 - 12:02:30 PDT

    Reply From: Trevor Gryffyn <tgryffynat_private>

    > [Moderator: I doubt this technology will ever be used in
    > highly classified areas. Considering what agencies are capable of
    > reversing these days..]

    Having worked in an area where document security was an issue I can tell you
    that I doubt anyone I ever worked with in that area would seriously consider
    using such a device.

    If this thing removes toner from paper, I'm sure there's some way of
    detecting residual toner in order to read what used to be on the paper.

    Hell, even when just copying something on a xerox machine we were instructed
    to run 4-5 blank pages through the printer to make sure that there wasn't
    any toner residue on the copy machine's drums and we always kept the copy
    room locked (for the most part) so nobody could get in there and steal the
    drums.

    And this was in a place that had cypher locks (well, they were only simplex
    style locks, but it's a good deterant at least) and guards that made
    regulard rounds.

    -Gryffyn

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Repent Security Incorporated [www.repsec.com]