[ISN] Signs of Insecurity in Cyberspace - Analysis

From: mea culpa (jerichot_private)
Date: Thu Jul 02 1998 - 19:12:11 PDT

    Forwarded From: Nicholas Charles Brawn <ncb05t_private>

    02-07-1998 UK: CONNECTED - SIGNS OF INSECURITY IN CYBERSPACE - ANALYSIS.
    Cryptography legislation is on the way, but a number of key issues still
    have to be resolved, says Wendy Grossman.

    Cryptography legislation has been a long time coming. Shortly before last
    year's general election, the Department of Trade and Industry announced
    proposals for creating a network of "trusted third parties" to provide
    authentication services and enable electronic commerce.

    Now, a year later, the DTI has released details of the 260 comments it