[ISN] Holy Intruders! IP-Based Security Auditing Tools

From: mea culpa (jerichot_private)
Date: Sat Jul 25 1998 - 13:16:19 PDT

    Forwarded From: "Spencer, Will" <wspencert_private>

    Holy Intruders! IP-Based Security Auditing Tools

    Keeping on top of the latest holes and attacks on a single OS is becoming
    a full-time job. Solid security tools are a must.  We tested four security
    auditing probes and though we were impressed by their overall
    functionality, we couldn't help but be disappointed by their relative
    immaturity.

    http://www.networkcomputing.com/913/913r1.html

    [Moderator: The article doesn't go into a LOT of detail, so here
     is a quick cheatsheet of the results:

     ISS 5.0	B
     Ballista 2.4 	C+
     Netsonar 1.0 	C+
     Netect 1.0	C

     Enjoy :)]

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomot_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: New Dimensions International [www.newdimensions.net]