[ISN] Quick Note on Back Orifice...

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 03 1998 - 14:29:17 PDT

    Moderator::

    After the original article about cDc's Back Orifice, I received a lot of
    mail asking if my opinion on it, if it was real, etc.

    After attending Defcon6 and seeing a working demo of it, I can say yes..
    it is quite real, and very well written. One thing the early article
    didn't make extremely clear, is that it IS a trojan. You must get the user
    to run it on their machine. Once done, BO acts almost as a "rootkit"
    allowing easy access to the machine, but with remote control over it.

    http://204.152.97.222:80/tools/bo/

    This does not contain the utility yet! But this should be the distribution
    point when it is put up.

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: New Dimensions International [www.newdimensions.net]