[ISN] cryto experts?! (reply)

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 02:24:49 PDT

    Reply From: *Hobbit* <hobbitat_private>

    Comments on a coupla recent items...

       So officials at Price Waterhouse did what many other commercial
       enterprises have done, and continue to do. They targeted a group of
       employees at the Defense Department's secretive National Security Agency,

    Funny how they don't mention how PW, along with several other Big Six
    firms, have also had to hire grey-hat hacker types because they're the
    ones with the real clues.  We even know some of them, don't we?  Before
    that, it was pretty clear that their "security audits" were a joke.

       I very much doubt whether encryption has
       EVER been involved in an attack on government computer systems.

    Hmmph.  What will the press say when someone gets in by bruting password
    guesses through SSH??  "sophisticated cryptographic attack", my ass.

    _H*

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: New Dimensions International [www.newdimensions.net]