[ISN] Announcing: WWW Cryptography Article Database

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 23 1998 - 16:54:38 PDT

    Forwarded From: Bruce Schneier <schneierat_private>

    Announcing:  WWW CRYPTOGRAPHY ARTICLE DATABASE

    Counterpane Systems
    http://www.counterpane.com/biblio/

    Counterpane Systems has created an extensive bibliography of links to
    cryptography papers available on the World Wide Web.  We hope to build a
    comprehensive database of published papers available on the net, organized
    both by author and by year.

    Users can view the bibliography by author (every author is indexed, not
    just the first author) or by publication year.  There will also be a
    single page containing all the citations, to facilitate searching the full
    bibliography (by keyword, for example) with your browser's search
    function.

    Counterpane wants this database to be a research tool for the community,
    and for it to be continuously updated.  We will frequently monitor the WWW
    for new articles for our database.  Researchers can also submit articles
    for inclusion in the database using an on-line form; see the webpage for
    details.

    Please help.  If you have papers on the Web, please submit them into our
    database.  If you know of any archives of papers that I missed, please let
    me know.  If there are any features you’d like to see, please suggest
    them.

    Future enhancements include grouping of papers by subject, the inclusion
    of searchable paper summaries, and the ability to comment on research
    papers.  We hope to also broaden the scope of the database to computer
    security in general.

    Please take a moment to try out the Counterpane Cryptography Article
    Database, and let us know what you think.

    Thank you,
    Bruce Schneier

    Bruce Schneier, President, Counterpane Systems     Phone: 612-823-1098
    101 E Minnehaha Parkway, Minneapolis, MN  55419      Fax: 612-823-1590
               Free crypto newsletter.  See:  http://www.counterpane.com

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Repent Security Incorporated [www.repsec.com]