[ISN] NiftyTelnet 1.1 SSH for MacOS Released

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 14:39:09 PDT

    Forwarded From: "Jay D. Dyson" <jdysonat_private>

    Courtesy of comp.security.ssh

    From: Jonas Wallden <jonaswat_private>

    I am happy to announce the release of NiftyTelnet 1.1 with SSH support.
    As far as I know this is the first free SSH client for MacOS. To download,
    please visit <http://www.lysator.liu.se/~jonasw/freeware.html>. It is a
    fat binary which runs on both 68K and PowerPC Macs.

    This client implements a subset of the SSH 1.5 protocol. At the moment
    only password authentication is supported, and the client is also lacking
    port forwarding, compression and scp to mention a few things. I am
    considering these features for future versions, though.

    Unfortunately this client cannot be used within North America since it
    contains an implementation of the RSA public-key cryptography algorithm.
    This algorithm conflicts with a RSA Data Security, Inc patent in these
    countries. I suggest affected users wait for BetterTelnet 2.0 SSH to be
    released or get the commercial F-Secure SSH program from Data Fellows, Inc
    instead.

    Please read the included documentation before redistributing this program.
    Feedback such as bug reports, comments or suggestions are appreciated. I
    will be off the Net for about a week starting tomorrow so don't expect me
    to reply immediately.

    -- Jonas

     jonas wallden       internet e-mail            world wide web home page
       mac hacker     jonaswat_private    http://www.lysator.liu.se/~jonasw

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Repent Security Incorporated [www.repsec.com]