[ISN] The scoop on that Cell Phone Jammer

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 18:15:30 PDT

    Reply From: The Dark Tangent <dtangentat_private>

    Stop your speculation.  Check it out at
    http://www.gingin.ne.jp/wavewall/index.html

    They don't take credit cards, and I don't speak Japanese, so it is taking
    some time.  There are different models for GSM, PCS (CDMA, TDMA), and
    AMPS/NAMPS.  Very short and directional range.

    It's a steal at only 69,800 Yen.

    >> 9. BEHIND THE SCENES (FOR DIGITAL DISPATCH READERS ONLY)
    >>
    >> After my vacation in Greece--which was wonderfully free of
    >> URLs, but packed with more obnoxious cell phone users per
    >> square mile than any place I've ever been--I stumbled across a
    >> disturbing but interesting new technology that allows you to
    >> jam the airwaves and prevent cell phone calls within a
    >> prescribed radius.

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Repent Security Incorporated [www.repsec.com]