[ISN] Phantom pornography disrupts British Lords' Web site

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 04 1998 - 17:42:11 PDT

    Forwarded From: William Knowles <erehwonat_private>

    LONDON (September 4, 1998 07:37 a.m. EDT http://www.nandotimes.com)  A
    serious debate on new anti-terrorist laws in Britain's House of Lords was
    hardly the occasion to investigate pornography popping up in unexpected
    places on the Internet.

    But when it was Lord Dunleath's turn to address the house Thursday, he
    felt obliged to share his discovery of pornographic images that had
    strayed onto their lordships' Web site.

    "The first thing I'm afraid I found was a rather distasteful picture of
    almost naked young men disporting themselves," spluttered the affronted
    nobleman.

    Instead of details of that night's bill under discussion, it was the the
    sight of the cavorting young men that materialized on Lord Dunleath's
    computer screen hours earlier.

    "This obviously was the wrong place," he told the puzzled peers.

    "I believe it brings the House into disrepute," he said, adding:  "I don't
    know if anything can be done about it."

    An immediate investigation was made into Lord Dunleath's discovery, but
    the intrusive fly-by-night images proved elusive, a sort of passing
    phantom of pornography.

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Repent Security Incorporated [www.repsec.com]