[ISN] New York Times Hack Followup

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 25 1998 - 17:49:41 PDT

    Forwarded From: Eric Budke <budkeat_private>

    Sent to me anonymously (with the addition that I should feel free to send
    it here.

    The NYTIMES hack was not due to CGI, but rather a different well-known
    exploit that is at least two years old.  I've seen the data.

    The Times and the FBI are holding this as one of the pieces of
    "confidential" data that will be used to confirm other data and other
    sources.

    One of the HFG folks has already approached a lawyer who has talked to a
    law enforcement person seeking a "deal" for selling out the others in
    exchange for leniency.  The exact hack, and other details will be used to
    verify that this person really is one of the HFGs.

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Repent Security Incorporated [www.repsec.com]