[ISN] Forbes replies to ISN Feedback

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 09:22:41 PST

    Reply From: apenenbergat_private

    Read the print article, which was put to bed a full 10 days before
    Forbes.Com transfered the story onto their site. No typos in the print
    version; it was a techno-glitch that caused FBI, for instance, to be
    turned into Feb, or whatever it was. The typos were fixed Monday morning,
    around 10 a.m. EST.

    When someone has his own agenda, he is more often than not likely to point
    out tiny, irrelevant mistakes to try and undermine a story while pushing
    his own agenda. The whole PR industry is based on this type of spin
    doctoring.

    But the fact is, we at Forbes stand by the story.

    To me, accuracy is the most important thing. So I promise that if anyone
    can find errors in the story, I will own up to them. First, though, you'll
    have to point them out--and I believe you won't find any.

    Adam Penenberg, Forbes Magazine

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Repent Security Incorporated [www.repsec.com]