[ISN] Free SANS Web Briefing: Intrusion Detection

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 06 1999 - 16:00:52 PST

    Forwarded From: sansat_private

    This note announces our January SANS web-based briefing.  This month, we
    have one of the hottest security topics available: `Emerging Patterns in
    Intrusion Detection'.  For one hour, Alan Paller will interview Stephen
    Northcutt, who oversees intrusion detection for more than 14,000 computers
    and chairs the National Intrusion Detection & Response conferences.  You
    might have seen Stephen's name on the SHADOW intrusion detection system.

    As with all SANS web-based briefings, you don't have to leave your office
    or home, and can tap in at any time 24 hours a day (though only at the
    time below will the presentation be live!).  Participants during the live
    briefing can e-mail questions to be answered during the broadcast (time
    permitting, of course).

    The SANS Institute and Axent Technologies are co-sponsoring this briefing
    with the cooperation of ISSA -- The Information Systems Security
    Association and ISACA -- The Information System Audit and Control
    Association.

    What:     Interview with Stephen Northcutt, intrusion detection expert

    When:     Thursday, January 14, 1999  (and later for `reruns')
              10 am Pacific Time, 11 am Mountain, noon Central, 1 pm Eastern, 18:00 GMT

    Duration: 60 minutes

    Cost:     Free

    Who:      Security, network, or system admins or auditors who wish to hear
    	  about the state of the art in intrusion detection

    Where:    Your internet-connected computer that can receive broadcasts from
              broadcast.com.

    How:      Register at  http://www.sans.org/jan14.htm

    The website should reply within a minute or two with some background
    literature from our sponsor and the URL and password for the free
    broadcast.  If you don't get a reply, please let me know at
    <sansat_private>.

    Feel free to share this announcement with any potentially interested
    parties.

    				Your SANS Public Relations Guy,
    						Rob

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Internet Security Institute [www.isi-sec.com]