[ISN] LocalSecure Testing Program (announce)

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 00:08:02 PST

    Forwarded From: NSS SDT <ns2sdtat_private>

    The NSS Software Development Team has completed preliminary testing of the
    LocalSecure local security auditing system for the Solaris 2.6 (sparc)
    operating system, versions of the program for Solaris 2.5.1 and (2.)7 are
    also nearing completion. The package will be commercially available from
    around March 1999.

    If anyone is interested in testing LocalSecure for Solaris 2.6 on any of
    their sparcs, we would like to hear from you. We primarily require
    candidates to test the software on servers and desktops with user-bases of
    between 25 and 500 accounts.

    LocalSecure doesn't require to be run as root. If the LocalSecure package
    isn't run as root, suspicious file checking, user password and user home
    directory checking will be skipped. If you do run LocalSecure as root, the
    forementioned checks will be performed.

    You can contact the NSS Software Development Team by e-mailing
    ns2sdtat_private or visiting http://www.ns2.co.uk/contact.html for more
    contact information.

    | Software Development Team (SDT)
    | Network Security Solutions Ltd.
    | ns2sdtat_private
    | http://www.ns2.co.uk

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Internet Security Institute [www.isi-sec.com]