[ISN] SecurityFocus Call for Incident Handling Articles

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 21:10:02 PDT

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:21:10 -0600
    From: Stephen Entwisle <seat_private>
    To: INCIDENTSat_private
    Subject: SecurityFocus Call for Incident Handling Articles

    SecurityFocus is currently developing new articles for its Incident
    Handling focus area for publication in June onwards. We are hoping to
    develop articles, or series of articles if appropriate, on the following
    topics:

    - Sound strategies for protecting, detecting, assessing and responding to
      incidents.

    - Sharing of successful assessment and response procedures.
    - Establishment of an incident response team and integration into the work
      environment.

    - Analysis of incident response team performance and how it can be
      improved.

    - Discussion of critical infrastructure protection efforts.
    - When and how to involve law enforcement.
    - Legal issuesof Incident Handling.
    - Preservation of permissable evidence.
    - Forensic analysis and data recovery.
    - Security policy and Incident Handling.

    If you are interested in writing an article on one of these topics,
    please feel free to forward an outline to.  The outline should clearly
    state the article topic, what aspects of the topic will be discussed,
    what sub-topics will be discussed and the basic structure of the
    article.  If you have not published an article with SecurityFocus
    before, I would appreciate it if you could include a writing sample or
    a link to a sample of your written work.

    Also, if you have other topic ideas that are relevant to Incident
    Handling that have not been included on this list of topic
    suggestions, please feel free to forward an outline detailing the
    proposed article.

    If you have any questions or concerns regarding this call for
    articles, please do not hesitate to contact me.

    Thank you,

    Stephen Entwisle
    Editor
    SecurityFocus.com
    (403) 213 3939 ext. 235
    http://www.securityfocus.com

    ISN is hosted by SecurityFocus.com
    ---
    To unsubscribe email LISTSERVat_private with a message body of
    "SIGNOFF ISN".