Re: [ISN] Is Military Hiding Hacks?

From: Meritt James (meritt_jamesat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 06:23:44 PDT

    Gee, I wonder why the US military (*.mil) would want to block non-US
    access to its websites?  Maybe because most of the defacements of these
    sites have domain names outside of the US?  Maybe the need-to-know  of
    non-US of US military information is real low?

    Maybe Alldas hasn't noticed the number of hacks that come from the same
    national domain they use?  Do you think they could tell the difference
    if just THEY are singled out or happen to be included in a blanked
    screen?  Hmmmm... Don't seem to recall any problem with defacement
    mirrors within the US....

    --
    James W. Meritt, CISSP, CISA
    Booz, Allen & Hamilton