[ISN] Interesting note from SANS and stuph...

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 23:59:30 PDT

    Well I hope everyone in the U.S.A. (and everyone else celebrating
    around the globe) had a wonderful 4th of July and still have the same
    amount of fingers, toes, eyes, and other body parts as they did on
    the 3rd of July.

    My newest holiday pet-peeve is people who have their car alarms set
    way too sensitive, I had the enjoyment of hearing the Star-Spangled
    Banner, the incessant sound of the alarms, along with professional &
    amateur fireworks. :)

    SANS had an interesting note in their newsletter that I thought I
    should pass along.

    Ham Radio Operators?

    The threat to critical Internet resources from distributed denial of
    service attack tools continues to increase. An effective emergency
    communications network may be of great value if damage is done to both
    the Internet and to phone systems. SANS is looking for ham and packet
    radio operators who are willing to take a leadership role to help
    establish and maintain an emergency communication channel.  If you are
    qualified and interested please send an email telling us about your
    ham radio and computer security activities. Send it to infoat_private
    with Emergency Communications Network in the subject line.

    Lastly, a special shout-out to the New York State Highway Patrol,
    Thanks, I'm told it will never happen again! :)

    Cheers!

    William Knowles
    isnat_private

    ISN is hosted by SecurityFocus.com
    ---
    To unsubscribe email isn-unsubscribeat_private