[ISN] [defaced-commentary] Two US Government sites defaced

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 18:57:56 PDT

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 21:42:15 -0600 (MDT)
    From: security curmudgeon <jerichoat_private>
    To: defaced-commentaryat_private
    Subject: [defaced-commentary] Two US Government sites defaced

    Washington State Courts (PoizonB0x)
    http://defaced.alldas.de/mirror/2001/07/06/www.courts.wa.gov/

    The State Supreme Court administers the Judicial branch of the Washington
    State Government.  This site offers a Court Directory, Court Opinions,
    Court Rulings, and more. Web sites containing this type of information are
    prime candidates for SoI (Subversion of Information) attacks.

    Goddard Space Flight Center (Prime Suspectz)
    http://defaced.alldas.de/mirror/2001/07/06/garc.gsfc.nasa.gov/

    Our Center, located in a Maryland suburb outside of Washington, DC, is
    home to the Nation's largest organization of combined scientists and
    engineers dedicated to learning and sharing their knowledge of the Earth,
    solar system, and Universe. I am delighted you found us here and hope you
    will return many times to visit and experience the excitement we feel
    about our mission.

    -
    The information and commentary is Copyright 2001, by the individual author.
    Permission is granted to quote, reprint or redistribute provided the text is not
    altered, and the author and attrition.org is credited. The opinions expressed
    in this mail are not necessarily the opinion of all Attrition staff members.

    Commentary Archive: http://www.attrition.org/security/commentary/
    The Attrition Mirror: http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/
    Country/TLD Statistics: http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/country.html
    Attrition Defacement Statistics: http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/stats.html