RE: [ISN] SANS Security Alert. Code Red Is Set to Come Storming Back!

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 01:14:36 PDT

    Forwarded by: Kevin Doyle <kdoyleat_private>

    I for one cannot believe the publicity this thing is getting.  I can't
    tell you how many people who have home personal computers (not servers
    running NT or IIS) have come up to me and said things like they would
    be shutting down their computer for days or asking if they should
    apply the patch.  The hype has been not only overblown, but
    misleading.  We need to be careful or we as a profession will be
    getting the "cry wolf" reputation.

    Kevin Doyle
    Information Security Manager
    PSECU