RE: [ISN] The Code Red hype Hall of Shame

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 02:58:59 PDT

    Forwarded from: Dan Verton <intel0202at_private>

    I think it is perfectly clear to all that the issue is not about two
    journalists fighting to get a story out on the street first. The real
    issue is something that eEye will have to deal with based on what the
    community at large has said publicly in the original stories that ran
    and in the hordes of copycat stories that are running now. And yes,
    eEye did have their supporters.

    And re: the personal tone of Mr. Maiffret's comments. Suffice to say,
    I was an ISSO and doing sysadmin on intelligence systems ten years
    ago. I understand Mr. Maiffret is relatively young.

    Dan

    http://www.securityfocus.com/templates/archive.pike?list=1

    > Signed,
    > Marc Maiffret
    > Chief Hacking Officer
    > eEye Digital Security
    > T.949.349.9062
    > F.949.349.9538
    > http://eEye.com/Retina - Network Security Scanner
    > http://eEye.com/Iris - Network Traffic Analyzer
    > http://eEye.com/SecureIIS - Web Application Firewall

    [...]

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.