RE: [ISN] MS patch-scanner for Win-NT, 2K, IIS, SQL

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 01:31:20 PDT

    Forwarded from: "Cork, Jerry" <jerry.corkat_private>

    I was just thinking ...

    I wonder how long until some script-kiddie vulnerability scanning
    script is developed to compare lack of a specific patch against a
    database of known attacks, to print recipe's for hacking specific
    systems.

    I wonder what ports this scanner uses?  127-139?

    Seems to me Bill might be in a pretty nice position to start selling
    subscriptions to automated patch services, to defend against his free
    utility.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.