RE: [ISN] E-BOMB

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 03:22:22 PDT

    Forwarded from: William T. Barrett <wtbat_private>

    Storing the data on optical media and having protected backup parts
    are both good ways to het the system back up but what's going to power
    it?  A Electro-magnetic transient with enough power to do the level of
    damage discussed here will most likely have serious effects on the
    local power grid.  At least in the area surrounding the blast.  And
    forget about traditional power loss backups like UPSs, generators, and
    batteries.  They will be hosed as well.  So unless you plan on hand
    cranking it you're still screwed.  Good idea otherwise though.

    -WTB

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.