[ISN] Bin Laden hack-meister in defacement, financial debacles

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 01:57:35 PDT

    By Thomas C Greene in Washington

    Shameless German glam-h4x0r Kim Schmitz aka Kimble, who recently stole
    headlines with his YIHAT (Young Intelligent Hackers Against Terrorism)
    publicity stunt and his unsubstantiated claims to have hacked a
    Sudanese bank with /bin/laden accounts, has been fingered in a
    defacement of SecurityNewsPortal (SNP) which prompted the site's
    sudden closing. Oh, and the flamboyant Schmitz is broke, too.

    First things First

    We were quite shocked Wednesday to learn that SNP would close shop
    after suffering a defacement by someone claiming to be Kimble/YIHAT.
    The defaced page ridicules SNP's own security and obsesses on the
    injustice of their raking in cash for security services.

    Fine, except that SNP sells nothing; and fine, except that the site is
    hosted and its owners are therefore not in complete control of its
    defenses. But other than that, the defacer is a real oracle of
    security wisdom.

    "Hacked by Kimble of YIHAT," the defacer announces. "Hello, world!" he
    adds, indicating at least a programming-101 comic awareness, and then
    goes on to denounce SNP in the manner indicated above for several
    long, dull paragraphs.

    This made no sense to us, since calling bullshit on SNP's security
    would only remind us of how Fluffi(y) Bunni(y) recently humiliated
    Kimble and his YIHAT leet guardians by defacing his shameless vanity
    site; so we contacted Kimble and SNP Editor Marquis Grove with our
    doubts.

    Kimble hasn't replied, and we think we can guess why; but Marq told us
    in no uncertain terms that "the defacement of our Web site was not
    done by Kimble."

    "The defacer hopes that by signing the defacement with Kimble's name
    and giving all his contact and Web site addresses, Kimble will be put
    on the flaming end of indignant users," he reckons.

    As for the decision to pull the plug on SNP, Marq considers it the
    ultimate trump. Rather than see his host plagued by k1dd10ts, he's
    simply removed the target. No target, no phun. Bugger.

    A Legend in his own Mind

    Who is this Kimble, anyway? He has a Web site devoted to his
    aggrandizement as an obscenely spoilt fat bastard with money to burn.
    He even hired a model who'd posed in Playboy to pretend to be
    attracted to him as he squired a cluster of pals around the Caribbean
    in a rented yacht he hopes we'll think he owns.

    He likes to be photographed in proximity to helicopters and private
    jets and fast cars and pretty sluts, and he litters his site with
    enormously too many pictures illustrating this appetite.

    He's established a legend of his hacking proficiency based on a little
    fact interlarded with a lot of juicy bits taken from media accounts
    and movies, as this article mirrored by attrition makes painfully
    clear.

    He's claimed to organize a leet squad of cyber ninjas called YIHAT who
    would penetrate the nether-world of on-line terrorism via their gay
    shell accounts. He's claimed that his YIHAT guard have penetrated the
    /bin/laden financial lair, but he's offered not one shred of proof.

    "I want to see some proof of these hacks," InfoSec News Editor William
    Knowles says. He issued a challenge to Kimble back on 11 October to
    cough some of it up.

    "I think this hack into the AlShamal Islamic Bank is a complete crock
    of shit, and I am calling on Kim Schmitz: Show us the proof on this!"

    As of today, Knowles hasn't heard word one from YIHAT or its fatboy
    founder. And we're far from surprised. But Kimble persists in trading
    on myth:

    "YIHAT, founded to acquire and coordinate a team of hackers with the
    goal of eliminating the electronic foundations of terrorist activities
    worldwide, has successfully completed the first phase of its mission:
    The team has reached the projected strength and has gathered a
    sufficient amount of information to launch the second phase of the
    YIHAT operation, which is to monitor, infiltrate and take control of
    the information infrastructure used by or supporting terrorists," the
    team of IRC kiddies claims, adding, ominously, that "YIHAT moves to
    the underground."

    It really is touching how they ape cDc's deliciously self-mocking
    humor:

    "You have never seen us, but you may have felt our wrath. We operate
    in the bitter darkness outside the known channels. We slink like cats
    along the fringes, spreading the power and propaganda of the Cow
    wherever we are.

    "We have mastered, one and all, the power of digital chi; we have been
    deeply indoctrinated into its devastating offensive capabilities, and
    we can strike, suddenly and mercilessly, without even moving a finger.
    Our minds, bodies, and black clad keyboards are under our total
    control: our every movement, thought, and keypress are choreographed
    more perfectly than a classical ballet, and all have deadly purpose.

    "We are capable of disguising our true purpose to such a degree that
    it is no longer expressible in words. We have eyebeams. We can strike
    out with such power as to crumble the sham defenses of any but the
    most stringent master of cow fu. Our hands contain the power and
    wisdom of the ancients, our hearts their unblinking vision."

    Beautifully written. Only Kimble is trying to sell this hokum as
    straight news.

    KimVestor

    Fatboy has an investment fund, too. It isn't registered, of course,
    because it's a Ponzi scam. You just know he's paying dividends out of
    the investments of fresh dupes. You can just smell it.

    Now it seems he's up to his eyeballs in debts like any free-spending
    charlatan, and his shares in KimVestor are about to be seized to
    address them. It also appears that his shares are going to be woefully
    inadequate to satisfy his creditors, according to German financial
    news outfit TeleBourse.

    Here's what BabelFish makes of it:

    "The appointed Internet Kroesus Kim Schmitz, whose Kimvestor AG is
    worth 200 million euro according to own specification approximately,
    is before the from. How the anlegermagazin reports the TELEBOERSE in
    its current output (Thursday), first of the three participation of the
    Kimvestor AG, the TUEV Dataprotect GmbH, placed an insolvency request.
    In the passed days one dispatched the Schmitz creditor, so the
    TELEBOERSE, who had waited some months long in vain for a payment of
    several hundredthousand Marks, erstrittene before court, to Schmitz a
    seizing resolution for the shares of the Kimvestor AG held by it.
    Whether the remaining value of the Kimvestor participation in the mega
    Car and the Money bank are sufficient for the payment of the Schmitz
    debts, by Bankern one doubt, is called it in the report."

    Here's what I make of it:

    Pyramid scam.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.