Re: [ISN] Commentary: The Threat Of Microsofts .Net

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 01:34:02 PST

    Forwarded from: Jason <Jason.Gruberat_private>
    To: cryptographyat_private
    Cc: InfoSec News <isnat_private>

    In a vain hope of getting some real talk on digital identity without all the

    ____ANTI MS _____

    rhetoric please be aware its not just

     hailstorm / passport that "threatens digital identity"

    http://www.projectliberty.org/

    If it really does "threaten digital identity"

    To comment directly :

    "What is the difference? If Microsoft knows everything about
    everyone--and the information being collected by Passport and My
    Services make that look quite likely--the company could still be
    constrained in how it uses that information by laws or corporate
    privacy policies. That presupposes, however, that Microsoft is
    actually in control of the information it has collected."

    As apposed to say VISA/MasterCard/Switch/American Express/ et. al ?

    We seem to trust these?  And yet we signed our rights to the data over to
    these organisms/tions

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.