Re: [ISN] Linux snares security tool

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 23:39:37 PST

    Forwarded from: suntzu <oonixat_private>

    Basically the worst thing that pisses me off is the fact that everyone
    and their mom is offering security products or solutions as an actual
    product instead of a process....

    Sure these things can perform their task but what if it breaks, how
    will you figure out whats going on?

    Products don't just bring security... the process does..  I think that
    was probably what jericho was saying underneath everything. Clueless
    users and admins still have to have a brain when it comes to security
    or logically planning their network...all to oftern the product/ one
    time fix is being sold so all administrators have to do is point,
    click, reboot.....

    its not about the product, its not about how secure it supposedly
    makes you... its about the science...the fun of figuring stuff out,
    and all to often everyone has the same problem. no one cares.

    ill shutup now.

    -st

    im not an expert, just interested in learning, so i learn.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.