Re: [ISN] First teenaged certified security professional

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 23:06:40 PST

    Forwarded from: Brooks J Isoldi <bjisoldiat_private>

    I agree, its nice to see todays youth doing something constructive
    with themselves and going to great lengths as well, as Merchant has
    done.  I find it unfortunate that a news article has to be written on
    the person before people open their eyes.

    Brooks Isoldi
    The Intelligence Network
    http://www.intellnet.org
    877-581-3724  [Voicemail/Fax]

    "When in the Course of human Events, it
    becomes necessary for one People to
    dissolve the Political Bands which have
    connected them with another..."
          -Declaration of Independence (1776)

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, InfoSec News wrote:

    > http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2001dec/gee20011226009461.htm
    >
    > Dec 26 2001
    > submitted by Ron Kassen
    >
    > South Bombay, India resident Namit Merchant, a young man of just 17
    > years, created quite the stir when he presented his high school ID
    > card to the proctor of the CISSP ("Certified Information Systems
    > Security Professional") exam, a 6 hour, 250 question affair. Although
    > there are no minimum age requirements for exam candidates, security
    > professionals who sit for the exam are required to have at least three
    > years of computer security experience.
    >
    > Not to worry, though. Merchant is the son of a software engineer and
    > landed his first job at 13, working for Bombay-based Compuware. His
    > responsibilities were implementing security controls into payroll and
    > accounting software. He later went on to work for several more Indian
    > technology companies, and is currently employed with consulting firm
    > Network Intelligence India.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.