Re: [ISN] Mission Possible

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 08:05:17 PST

    Forwared from: Dan Verton <Dan_Vertonat_private>

    This story is absolutely incorrect. Sept. 11 had very little to do
    with the CIA's failure to adopt technology faster and everything to do
    with the intelligence community's push during the past decade or more
    to invest in technological espionage solutions at the expense of human
    intelligence capabilities. I don't know of one intelligence expert who
    would argue this point. While the CIA may be slow to integrate
    technology, there is no lack of investment. There has been, however, a
    severe lack of focus on HUMINT, including some very restrictive
    policies on dealing with HUMINT sources put into motion during the
    Clinton administration.

    Dan Verton

    InfoSec News <isnat_private> on 01/14/2002 04:12:18 AM

    Please respond to InfoSec News <isnat_private>