Re: [ISN] US to yank Kevin Mitnick's radio license

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 20:56:47 PST

    Forwarded from: Lan Ge <lgeat_private>

    if technical crime is a kind of crime, what kind of crime is blocking
    the way of economic developing, and delaying the technical developing,
    and also losing the globe marketing position. i think some positive
    guy doing that under "good reason", and i heard they even sale their
    own benefit product at high price.

    sorry, this will not lasting too long. they have to leave after their
    terms. i am talking about the one in political position not in
    technical field, compare with the technical crime, what kind of jail
    this kind of person should go?

    usually they leave their terms without any charge, but they delay
    everything including your mail, your package, your everything, and
    they said they help you for sercurity. look, how massy they made, and
    how delay they made, how could i trust them and live with them.

    at least, person in technical field don't do that, you may be attacked
    one time. but you may be normal after that, but you can not be normal
    in a delay "time frame". what kind of crime is that?

    On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, InfoSec News wrote:

    > Forwarded from: Telemann Mediatrix <genieat_private>
    >
    > In 1994 I was arrested for several different crimes, 11 felonies, 9
    > were federal offenses. I was 16 and I was curious as to how some of
    > the equipment worked. I accidentally took down another county next to
    > the one I was living in. The county was a rural area with less than
    > 2,000 people. The police raided my home, arrested me. Went through all
    > of our things, read personal letters and even looked through our photo
    > albums of family. I had some pictures on my computer I had downloaded
    > from playboy.com, which were considered pornography in Oklahoma. (Or
    > so they said.) Because of that fact they charged me with Exhibition of
    > indecent and obscene material since they were accessible from my BBS.
    > I was portrayed on the news as a hacker and phreaker. They took every
    > electrical appliance in the house, tore the house apart and sent me to
    > a group home for 6 months, until I turned 17. After my release, the
    > police constantly drove past my house shining lights in my windows,
    > stopping and shining them in my car and pulling me over just to bother
    > me.  I had to move far away. I *NEVER* got anything back that they
    > took and my record was *NEVER* destroyed like it should have been
    > since I was a minor. I can never work for AT&T (big loss) and if I am
    > caught doing anything remotely suspicous I am immidiately jailed. Now
    > I live 4 states away and changed everything I could about myself. They
    > hold it all against me even though I was a child who was just curious.
    > I will never be able to return to my home town and m name is mud
    > there. The other parents saw the news cast (on which I was portrayed
    > as a pornographer) and forbid the other children from playing with me.
    >
    > I admit I had broken more laws than I care to mention and I explored
    > the phone system in ways that are considered highly illegal, but it
    > was all to learn and to grow. I can understand their view, but really,
    > how many of us made bad decisions when we were children? And through
    > all of it, I ended up working for Nortel Broadband building OC-192's.
    > But I still get questioned by contracting companies as to why I am
    > blacklisted by AT&T. Being a hacker/phreaker who has been caught is a
    > hell I wouldn't wish on anyone. I hope the information I provided was
    > of interest.
    >
    > Telemann Mediatrix
    >

    > 12/25/2001 3:35:29 AM, InfoSec News <isnat_private> wrote:
    >
    > >Forwarded from: Robert G. Ferrell <rferrellat_private>
    > >
    > >> Mitnick's had a ham radio license for about 25 years, and he
    > >> applied two years ago for what's normally a routine renewal. He's
    > >> not accused of making any illicit radio transmissions or any
    > >> offenses that fall under the FCC's jurisdiction -- it's just that
    > >> official Washington firmly believes computer hacking must be an
    > >> unforgivable venal sin.
    > >
    > >Sometimes when I look at the government and its treatment of people
> [...]

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.