[ISN] MS taunted with 'trustworthy computing' Web page

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 22:51:43 PST

    By Thomas C Greene in Washington

    Someone with a sense of humor has either registered or hijacked the
    domain TrustworthyComputing.com, and is using it to refer Web surfers
    to a vast archive of news stories covering Microsoft's dismal record
    in, well, trustworthy computing.

    We may recall Chairman Gates using the phrase with initial caps (as if
    preparing to trademark it) in a recent memo ordering the Redmond rank
    and file to begin taking security seriously.

    The domain resolves to 216.218.186.17, the home of Zensoft Games, but
    it's set to re-direct surfers to the Google archive.

    Thanks to billg for bringing this to our attention. You know who you
    are.

    [ http://www.trustworthycomputing.com ]

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.