[ISN] The Practitioners' Forum on Mobile & Wireless Security (April 29-30, 2002

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 22:30:44 PST

    http://www.webstationinc.com/PDF/C101_b.pdf

    Financial Research Associates Proudly Presents
    The Practitioners' Forum on Mobile & Wireless Security
    April 29-30, 2002
    The American Management Association, Washington, D.C.

    Financial Research Associates is proud to present the
    unprecedented Practitioners' Forum on Mobile and Wireless Security
    2002 inaugural symposium. Join us April 29-30, 2002 in Washington,
    D.C. at the American Management Association for this exciting event.
    Don't miss this unique opportunity to hear from practitioners who’ve
    overcome wireless-related security threats - learn from their
    experiences. You'll also interact with cutting-edge information
    security experts - Bill Arbaugh, Dr. Simon Blake-Wilson, Brian
    O'Higgins, Russ Housley, and many more! - who will help you combat
    suspicious network traffic, sniffers, intrusion attempts and more.
    At this event, you'll learn the tools and techniques necessary to
    develop and implement a multi-tiered security solution to protect your
    wireless investment and ensure business continuity.

    Why Attend?

    If you're responsible for any aspect of your firm's wireless
    LAN security, you can't afford to miss this event. Just a few of the
    important topics to be covered include:

    · A discussion of what CIOs should know before - and after -
      deploying wireless technologies

    · Risks associated with going wireless - along with practical
      defense strategies

    · Collaborating with government organizations to develop
      complete wireless security solutions - hear from the Critical
      Infrastructure Assurance Office (CIAO), the US Department of
      Justice,  the National Security Agency (NSA), the US Secret Service,
      and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)

    · Corporate policy and legal issues surrounding wireless attack
      investigations

    · The pros and cons of wLAN security technologies: WAP, WEP,
      802.1x, dynamic WEP, VPNs, bluetooth, 3G, dynamic IPsec, PKI

    · Special practitioners' roundtable discussion of case studies
      from top security officers at ReefEDGE, Bluesocket, PatientKeeper,
      and Internet Security Solutions (ISS)

    · Dynamic post-conference workshop: "A How-To Guide to
      Implementing Wireless LAN Security Solutions" co-lead by Sandeep
      Singhal of ReefEDGE, Avi Rubin of AT&T Labs, and Russ Housley of RSA
      Laboratories

    Please take a few moments to read through the following agenda for a
    comprehensive review of the speakers and topics included at this
    event. I think you'll agree that this is a conference you can't afford
    to miss.

    AGENDA AT A GLANCE
    7:45	Conference Registration

    8:25	Chairman's Welcome

    Daniel Lieman, Chair, Co-Founder, Consortium for Efficient Embedded
    Security (CEES), NTRU Cryptosystems

    8:30	Panel Discussion: Wireless Security Strategies: What Should
    the CIO Know?

    Daniel Lieman, Chair, Co-Founder, Consortium for Efficient Embedded
    Security (CEES), NTRU Cryptosystems; John Steven Reel, Ph.D., CTO,
    Veridian Corp.; Dr. Simon Blake-Wilson, Director of Business
    Development, Certicom; Doug Klein, CEO, Vernier Networks; Dennis
    Blaine, Managing Director, Transcrypt

    9:15	Panel Discussion: Know Your Enemy: What the Bad Guys Are Doing

    John D. Nunes, Security Instructor, Internet Security Systems (ISS);
    Anup K Ghosh, Program Manager, Defense Advanced Research Project
    Agency (DARPA), Advanced Technology Office; William Knowles, New
    Dimensions International; Jeremy Bruestle, CEO, Co-Author, Cypher 42,
    AirSnort; William Arbaugh, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer
    Science, University of Maryland

    10:00	Break

    10:15	Tools of the Trade: Arming Yourself With the Latest
    Preventative Techniques and Technologies

    John D. Nunes, Security Instructor, Internet Security Systems (ISS)

    11:15	Securing 802.11b Technology: Standards and Technology
    	Dr. Simon Blake-Wilson, Director of Business Development,
            Certicom

    11:45	Luncheon
    1:00	Wireless VPNs: A Solution for ALL Problems?
            Brian O'Higgins, CTO, Entrust

    1:45	PKI & The Wireless Internet
    	Guy Singh, Director of Wireless, NTRU Cryptosystems

    2:30	Break
    2:45	Grabbing Bluetooth by the Horns
    	Markus Jakobsson, Sr. Principal Researcher, RSA Laboratories

    3:30	Third Generation Wireless: What’s on the Horizon?
    	David Murashige, VP, Strategic Marketing, Wireless Solutions,
            Nortel Networks

    4:15	Developing a Wireless Security Policy That Works
            David Pollino, Managing Security Architect, @STAKE

    5:00	End of Day One

    Day Two

    8:00	Continental Breakfast

    8:30	TECHNOLOGY SHOWCASE

    Vendors of security software and solutions will give 15-minute
    presentations about the features and benefits of their products,
    allowing attendees an overview of available technology. To join this
    showcase, call Erin Winters at (831) 420-2671.

    9:30	Panel Discussion: Legislation, Law Enforcement & Security
            Initiatives

    Richard H.L. Marshall, Deputy Director, Critical Infrastructure
    Assurance Office (CIAO); Wayne Jansen, Computer Security Division,
    National Institute for Security and Technology (NIST); Paul Pittelli,
    Director of Information Assurance Research, National Security Agency
    (NSA); Richard Salgado, Trial Lawyer, US Department of Justice,
    Computer Crime & Intellectual Property; Patrick Morrissey, Special
    Agent, US Secret Service, Electronic Crimes Division

    10:15	Break

    10:30	Practitioners' Roundtable: Wireless Security Case Studies

    Daniel Morrison, Partner, Arthur Andersen; Sandeep Singhal, Ph.D.,
    CTO, Co-Founder, ReefEDGE; Dave Juitt, CTO, Bluesocket; Jeff
    Sutherland, CTO, PatientKeeper; Representative, Internet Security
    Systems (ISS)

    11:30	Panel Discussion: The Future of Wireless Security

    Doug Klein, CEO, Vernier Networks; Brian O'Higgins, CTO, Entrust;
    Eugene Chang, VP, Strategic Business Development, Funk Software; Dave
    Juitt, CTO, Bluesocket; Russell Housley, Sr. Consulting Architect, RSA
    Laboratories

    12:15	End of Day 2
    	Luncheon for Workshop Participants

    1:30-5:00	Workshop: A How-To Guide to Implementing Wireless LAN
    Security Solutions

    Sandeep Singhal, Ph.D., CTO, Co-Founder, ReefEDGE; Russell Housley,
    Sr. Consulting Architect, RSA Laboratories; Avi Rubin, Principal
    Researcher, Secure System Research Department, AT&T Labs

    PRINT & FAX THIS FORM TO: 831-420-2678, CALL us at 800-280-8440
    OR Register at www.frallc.com
    The Practitioners' Forum on Mobile & Wireless Security, April 29-30, 2002

    ___ Yes! Register me for the Conference and the Post-Conference
        Workshop: $ 1595

    ___ Yes, register me for the Conference: $1295
    ___ Register me at the government & law enforcement personnel rate:
        Save $400!
    ___ Please call me; I'm interested in a group discount for my team
    ___ Please call me; I'm interesting in exhibition or sponsorship
        opportunities at this event

    ___ I wish to receive email updates on FRA’s upcoming events

    Name_____________________________ Title________________________
    Company ________________________________Dept.________________
    Address______________________________________________________
    City__________________________________State________Zip________
    Telephone:________________________Fax_________________________
    Email:__________________________
    YES Keep me updated on FRA events via email

    Your priority code: C101

    * Bill me	* Charge my credit card:  __MC	__Visa		__Amex

    Please note: there is a cancellation penalty for registrations
    cancelled less than 4 weeks prior to the conference, however until
    then you can reserve your space at no risk.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.