[ISN] SECURITY BREACH: NEW 'STAR WARS' FLICK SCREENED BY NET REPORTER

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 00:33:17 PST

    http://www.drudgereport.com/matthk.htm

    [There is a little security lesson in this posting, one must always
    keep a watchful eye on ones intellectual property at all times! Heads
    are going to roll around Skywalker Ranch & before anyone asks, No, I
    am not related to Harry Knowles. :)  - WK]

    XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX MON MARCH 18, 2002 00:11:09 ET XXXXX

    SECURITY BREACH: NEW 'STAR WARS' FLICK SCREENED BY NET REPORTER

    Panic has hit the 20TH CENTURY FOX lot and LUCASFILM LTD as a rough
    cut of STAR WARS, EPISODE 2: ATTACK OF THE CLONES has been leaked and
    viewed by renegade Internet movie reporter Harry Knowles -- months
    before the latest installment of the sci-fi saga is set for public
    consumption.

    Knowles, whose Ain't It Cool website regularly out scoops the
    Hollywood press from his Texas outpost, has hit maximum controversy by
    being the first person to see the film outside George Lucas's tightly
    controlled production crew.

    Knowles even boasts that no one from FOX has seen a cut of the movie
    yet!

    Knowles says that while at a book signing in Austin this weekend he
    was extended a secret invitation by a mystery source for a private
    viewing at a hotel room during the South by Southwest Film Festival.

    And Knowles says there's no way the LUCASFILM or FOX will ever figure
    out who gave him this extraordinary access.

    "The source is so protected that Lucas will never find out. The film
    is safe. It won't be shown further. The source wanted ME to see it. In
    fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the material was already safe back in
    Marin County as we speak!"

    Knowles predicts that team Lucas has hit paydirt with a film that
    explains away many of the flaws of STAR WARS, EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM
    MENACE, including minimizing the presence of the heavily criticized
    character Jar Jar Binks.

    "Jar Jar has a 15 second 'StepInFetchIt' shuffle speak routine that is
    so offensively awful that it will make you recoil in horror and remind
    you of all of the worst aspects of his character from THE PHANTOM
    MENACE."

    "But fear not," Knowles says. "He is only in the film for about two
    minutes and the cinematography of this film is beautiful, and the
    story lines add a depth that was greatly needed after EPISODE I."

    On his site Knowles writes:

    "Upon first viewing, in less than ideal circumstances, I must say that
    I feel that this is by far the most entertaining Star Wars film to
    date. It may not have that innocent sense of wonder for the first
    film. It doesn't have that sense of intimacy that EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
    had, or that film's desperation. However, it also doesn't have the
    trivial frivolity of JEDI or MENACE. ATTACK OF THE CLONES is a turning
    point in the saga. The point of no return."

    Developing...

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.