[ISN] ORBZ (finally) shut down.

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 23:47:38 PST

    Forwarded from: Jay D. Dyson <jdysonat_private>

    Thank (insert deity here...atheists leave blank)!

    ORBZ was run in the worst and sloppiest manner conceivable.  They'd scan
    every damned mail server they could, over and over again, even though
    there was absolutely *no* evidence that the system was ever an open relay.

    Good riddance to bad rubbish.  Their real abuses were far worse than the
    claimed abuses of the original ORBS service (run by Alan Brown).

    Those who know my strong anti-spam stance will appreciate my utterly low
    regard for the (now thankfully defunct) ORBZ.

    - -Jay