RE: [ISN] FAA hacked

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 02:00:37 PDT

    Forwarded from: "Kevin L. Poulsen" <klpat_private>
    Cc: <john.pescatoreat_private>

    I don't know what John Pescatore thinks "fact checking" means, but my
    contacting the FAA, confirming the hack with them, reporting on the
    details and quoting their spokeman, qualifies, I think, under any
    reasonable definition of the term. On the other hand, John's claim
    that my piece "basically consists of snippets of email conversations
    between hackers" is demonstrably false. It's a five-hundred word
    story, with a single quote from the hackers' email at the end.

    Kevin L. Poulsen
    Editorial Director
    SecurityFocus Online
    klpat_private