[ISN] Re: FAA hacked by patriots

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 21:59:58 PDT

    Forwarded from: Felix von Leitner <leitnerat_private>

    Thus spake InfoSec News (isnat_private):

    > Because of pricing-per-server, the FAA employs a very cheap and hardly
    > reliable brand of anti-virus technology, which has been documented as
    > not even close to a top-five contender. This worries a lot of
    > people--especially those of us in IT security who have to fly every
    > week.

    I'm not worried whether the FAA uses the right virus checker or not.
    I'm worried that they use crap operating systems that have viruses in
    the first place.  You are always one step behind the virus writers
    with scanners.  This may be acceptable for Mom and Pop behind their
    19200 modem, but it is not for any public administration in a sector
    where potentially lives are at stake.

    Peru is on the right track here (see slashdot).

    Felix

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.