RE: [ISN] Best Buy hit by WLAN snooping

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 01:43:08 PDT

    Forwarded from: Times Enemy <timesat_private>
    I noticed this when i read the Vuln-Dev link to the story, but didn't
    think much of it.  In this article, by Mike Magee, there are of course
    the obvious journalistic touch-ups, but then there is something which
    is blatantly incorrect.
    > One hacker on a board said that he had fired up Kismet outside a
    > shop last week and bought a unit with his own credit card to see
    > what info was transmitted.
    > He said that when he searched the logs he saw SQL queries and table
    > headers in his log including his own credit card number.
    Now, from the original post: "I did indeed find a RAW clear text
    credit card number....not mine ... but definately a credit card
    :: shrugs ::
    .times enemy
    ISN is currently hosted by
    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.