Re: [ISN] Working in a network war zone

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 00:04:07 PDT

    Forwarded from: Kurt Seifried <listuserat_private>

    This happens every year at cansecwest. Last year because of the slow
    ass connection someone took it upon themselves to hack the cisco and
    prioritize traffic a bit (so a bunch of us ended up camping out on my
    dialup =). Although last year the wireless network was much more messy
    then this year, with people scanning/flooding/etc/etc, this year the
    only glitch was a presenter testing his 802.11 attack software just
    before his presentation (network kept falling over, quite funny in
    retrospect).

    I doubt it is a she for the simple reason women seem to have more
    common sense, all the useful traffic was encrypted this year anyways
    (although that didn't stop them from trying mitm ssh attacks,
    constantly).

    Kurt Seifried, kurtat_private
    A15B BEE5 B391 B9AD B0EF
    AEB0 AD63 0B4E AD56 E574