Re: [ISN] Midwest Express hackers cause a stir

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 23:43:15 PDT

    Forwarded from: rferrellat_private

    > The hackers said they were motivated to intrude on the sites of
    > Midwest Express and other corporate and military sites to
    > demonstrate that the U.S. infrastructure is still vulnerable to
    > terrorists even after Sept. 11. Midwest Express and other corporate
    > targets were apparently chosen at random.

    OK folks, it's time to give up this pointless charade.  These Web page
    defacers don't give two hairs off a rodent's backside about the
    "security of the U.S. infrastructure."  What they care about is
    publicity:  the glory of seeing themselves in countless news stories.
    Their message, if it means anything to them at all, is a
    rationalization designed to ease their own consciences and perhaps to
    generate public sympathy for their blatantly criminal actions.

    If I rob someone at gunpoint, does explaining that I'm doing it to
    protest against people who commit robberies make it more acceptable?

    These puerile escapades are hardly a novel approach, and quite
    frankly, they just aren't news. If the press will ignore these little
    twerps, they'll probably go away.

    RGF

    Robert G. Ferrell
    rferrellat_private

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.