Re: [ISN] Midwest Express hackers cause a stir

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 23:43:15 PDT

    Forwarded from: rferrellat_private
    > The hackers said they were motivated to intrude on the sites of
    > Midwest Express and other corporate and military sites to
    > demonstrate that the U.S. infrastructure is still vulnerable to
    > terrorists even after Sept. 11. Midwest Express and other corporate
    > targets were apparently chosen at random.
    OK folks, it's time to give up this pointless charade.  These Web page
    defacers don't give two hairs off a rodent's backside about the
    "security of the U.S. infrastructure."  What they care about is
    publicity:  the glory of seeing themselves in countless news stories.
    Their message, if it means anything to them at all, is a
    rationalization designed to ease their own consciences and perhaps to
    generate public sympathy for their blatantly criminal actions.
    If I rob someone at gunpoint, does explaining that I'm doing it to
    protest against people who commit robberies make it more acceptable?
    These puerile escapades are hardly a novel approach, and quite
    frankly, they just aren't news. If the press will ignore these little
    twerps, they'll probably go away.
    Robert G. Ferrell
    ISN is currently hosted by
    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.