[ISN] Couple little things

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 03:20:39 PDT

    I'd like to thank everyone that has replied so far! The response has
    been great, and honestly I haven't had the time to look them all over,
    so there won't be any rash instant decisions on where things are
    going.

    The feedback I have read is incredible, I normally only get this kind
    of insight as I said earlier is from subscribers leaving the list, and
    various security conferences I attend.

    Over this past weekend I strolled over to the local Barnes & Noble
    looking for one book, and ended up buying another. Actually I bought
    the paperback version of Body of Secrets, its my third copy, not that
    I have lost or lent the other two copies.

    The first one I got was a first edition signed at Blackhat 2001 by
    James Bamford, and the second one I bought at Lindbergh Field in the
    weeks after September 11th after tiring of sitting around the airport
    for many hours waiting for my flight. I slowly read about a quarter of
    the book at various other airports around the U.S., but it was at
    times too much of a pain to lug it and my laptop in the same backpack,
    especially at the security checkpoints.

    In case you are interested, Amazon has Bamford's Body of Secrets
    in paperback.

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0385499086/c4iorg

    Which includs a new afterword on the events of September 11th, which
    when I was reading it brought on a swell of emotions I was feeling on
    that day.

    For $10.47 beats the $14.95 plus tax I spent on the impulse buy at
    Barnes and Noble.

    Cheers!

    William Knowles
    wkat_private

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.