RE: [ISN] Old code in Windows is security threat

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 01:03:19 PDT

    Forwarded from: Marc Maiffret <marcat_private>

    Exactly. I mean people should be happy that Microsoft turns features
    off by default. However, that should not be the scapegoat that is
    going to be used in the future for security flaws.

    "Well it is not that critical because .asp ISAPI is turned off by
    default." heh

    Signed,
    Marc Maiffret
    Chief Hacking Officer
    eEye Digital Security
    T.949.349.9062
    F.949.349.9538
    http://eEye.com/Retina - Network Security Scanner
    http://eEye.com/Iris - Network Traffic Analyzer
    http://eEye.com/SecureIIS - Stop known and unknown IIS vulnerabilities

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.