Re: [ISN] Super-Secure Linux, Inch by Inch

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 00:45:59 PDT

    Forwarded from: Russell Coker <russellat_private>
    Cc: rzarateat_private
    On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:02, you wrote:
    > By Declan McCullagh and Robert Zarate
    > 2:00 a.m. June 11, 2002 PDT
    > Part one of a three-part series.
    > WASHINGTON -- Super-secure additions to the Linux operating system
    > are inching closer to the mainstream.
    > Savage says: "Unless you know security, it's very difficult. Unless
    > you've ever worked in multi-level security, I'd say don't even
    > attempt to incorporate because of the terminology it uses. To most
    > people it's gobbledygook. Most people can't understand it. If you
    > don't know about security, it's not a good thing to learn."
    The NSA guys generally recommend not using MLS, and it's marked as
    experimental in the kernel patch.
    > A Red Hat version of SELinux is available at
    RPM packages for some parts of SE Linux are available from .  Debian packages for much more of
    SE Linux are available from the Debian site and from my site .
    Russell Coker
    ISN is currently hosted by
    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.