Re: [ISN] Secret Service Agent: Hackers Are Unpatriotic

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 03:01:27 PDT

    Forwarded from: Richard Forno <rfornoat_private>

    > "Hackers who brag that they can break into computer systems are
    > unpatriotic," he said. "If you're a U.S. citizen breaking into
    > computer networks, it's not only criminal but unpatriotic."
    >
    > Frazzini, who works in the Secret Service's electronic crimes branch
    > in Washington, said the U.S. Patriot Act--passed after the
    > attacks--mandated the creation of a nationwide network of Secret
    > Service Electronic Crimes Task Forces.

    While I respect the Secret Service as a competent law enforcement
    agency - they do some great work outside of Presidential Protection -
    this guy is blowing smoke.....if you hack you're unpatriotic?

    Come on....that kind of FUDdy, blah-blah rhetoric is reserved for the
    President and Attorney General.

    I would expect more from these folks.

    rf

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.