Re: [ISN] Free tool: apache chunked vulnerability scanner

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 04:49:25 PDT

    Forwarded from: Joshua Levitsky <jlevitskat_private>

    Also the tool is completely useless to those of us running 1.3.23 with
    a backport of the 1.3.26 fix... but that only includes Red Hat and
    Mandrake users... how many of them could there be out there? Honestly
    I was disappointed when I ran the scan and figured out all it was
    doing was checking the version of apache from the header. To me that
    isn't a test of anything. It's sad because I normally like stuff from
    eEye. It would be nice if eEye made something that would really test
    for the exploit since this is such a dangerous flaw in Apache.

    --
    Joshua Levitsky, MCSE, CISSP, EMTD
    Desktop Systems Engineer