[ISN] A couple little things...

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 03:14:11 PDT

    First off I would like to thank everyone who is subscribed to ISN
    (All 3100+ of you!) and also thank everyone that has added a link to
    the InfoSec News subscription page at: http://www.c4i.org/isn.html

    Because of which, InfoSec News now resides at the #1 position on
    Google for the term "infosec", beating out several commerical
    organizations, a few military, and even the NSA! :)

    Not bad for a non-commerical & free mailing list!

    Thanks! Give yourselves all a pat on the back.

    I just recently became aware of a DoD website to thank those in the
    U.S. Military where you can sign a brief message, and the compiled
    list of names will be sent out to our soldiers at the end of the
    month.

    So far as I am writing this, there is nearly 179,000 names.

    http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html

    I think I will try to enjoy the 4th of July holiday, nervously
    hunkered at home, hoping that the new terror alert stays just that,
    an alert, but staying vigilant (as usual) for anything out of the
    norm.

    So I think there won't be any ISN going out for Wednesday, Thursday,
    and likely not Friday, just to save you all from mailing me wondering
    if the list is down. :)

    Have a wonderful and safe holiday.

    Cheers!

    William Knowles
    wkat_private

    "Communications without intelligence is noise;  Intelligence
    without communications is irrelevant." Gen Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
    C4I.org - Computer Security, & Intelligence - http://www.c4i.org