Re: [ISN] Government Not Ready for Cyberattacks

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 02:32:01 PDT

    Forwarded from: Robert G. Ferrell <rferrellat_private>

    > Well, here we are once again OVERstating the obvious. I can't decide
    > whether the media is just bored, and continues to rewrite the same
    > stupid, non-informing information, or whether these "government
    > agencies" are as clueless as they appear.

    Let me just clarify here that whenever the media says "a government
    agency," what it means, in reality, is "a spokesperson in the agency's
    HQ in DC, who has little or no idea what's going on in the trenches."

    What the DC folks say and what is true for the agency as a whole often
    have little to do with one another.  Security at the network and
    individual server level is constantly improving across the federal
    government. Of course, there's nowhere to go but up...

    RGF

    Robert G. Ferrell
    rferrellat_private
    http://rferrell.home.texas.net/rgflit.html

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.