RE: [ISN] Lights' malfunction at airport attributed to computer glitch

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 04:05:57 PDT

    Forwarded from: Jason Scott <jscottat_private>

    On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, InfoSec News wrote:

    > Forwarded from: Chris Wysopal <cwysopalat_private>
    >
    > In March 1997 a teenager hacking a phone switch that was used by
    > Worcester Airport unwittingly cut off the airport from the phone
    > system.  This outage cut off the tower from the main radio
    > transmitter and disabled the controls to the runway lights.

    As I understand it (from interviews I conducted for the documentary)
    he was aware what it was doing, but apparently didn't believe it
    really did what it said it did. He got caught because he called back
    to try again.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.