[ISN] University of Idaho Workshop on Computer Forensics

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 08:58:52 PDT

    Forwarded from: Deb Frincke <directorat_private>

    Hello all,

    We're hosting a workshop on Computer Forensics as part of a DoD grant
    at the University of Idaho, September 23/24/25

    http://www.csds.uidaho.edu/workshop/forensics

    The workshop includes an intense overview of Computer Forensics as a
    field (by Sujeet Shenoi of Tulsa), a speakers on aspects of Computer
    Forensics ranging from the legal to the technical, and presentations
    of research/teaching examples.  Our target audience is primarily those
    educators and student researchers who wish to rapidly gain a broad
    perspective on teaching and research in the field. Practitioners,
    especially those just entering the field, are also very welcome.

    Due to the generosity of our sponsors, I'm able to offer several
    scholarships to academics (faculty and students) to assist with the
    costs of travel and lodging. We're primarily allocating them to
    faculty considering teaching a computer forensics course,
    students/faculty beginning research in the area who would benefit from
    a broad overview, and speakers who are presenting their research at
    our workshop (speaker slots still open).

    If you are interested, please contact me at directorat_private,
    or my assistant Karen Cassil at karenat_private

    Thanks,
    Deb Frincke
    Director, Center for Secure and Dependable Systems
    University of Idaho
    Moscow, Idaho 83844-1010

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.