Re: [ISN] 'Hacker' security biz built on FBI snitches

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 00:06:00 PDT

    Forwarded from: Brooks J Isoldi <bjisoldiat_private>

    It just seems a bit odd how it is NOT acceptable to the source of Mr
    Greenes information to publish the actual information (nor the sources
    and methods, which is not unusual), but it IS acceptable for Greene to
    publish a detailed summary of the information.  The logic is
    incredibly flawed here because Greene welcomes a lawsuit by @Stake,
    whereby if Greene refuses to share the information with a court of
    law, then he accepts defeat in the lawsuit, and if he does share the
    information then he compromises his asset.  The Register is a UK
    company, @Stake is a US company, and I don't know the laws of Int'l
    business but it would seem to me that this would be how it would break
    down, no?

    Brooks Isoldi
    The Intelligence Network
    http://www.intellnet.org
    877-581-3724  [Voicemail/Fax]

    "When in the Course of human Events, it
    becomes necessary for one People to
    dissolve the Political Bands which have
    connected them with another..."
          -Declaration of Independence (1776)

    On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, InfoSec News wrote:

    > Forwarded from: Thomas C. Greene <tcgreeneat_private>
    >
    > [Edited only enough to get past everyone's filters...   - WK]
    >
    > i know it's hard to accept that people whose carefully-contrived
    > anti-establishment media image we've all admired (and envied) can be such
    > sh*ts, but there it is.  you're in denial, bud.
    >
    > the proof exists.  i can't publish it for two reasons: 1) the source has
    > requested anonymity; and 2) the L0pht cheese-eater involved would be subject
    > to retaliation.
    >
    > if my proof is cr*p, then @Stake will sue The Register and win their
    > case in court.  but don't hold your breath, lol.
    >
    > --tcg

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.