[ISN] The Special Operations Warrior Foundation

From: William Knowles (wkat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 03:50:17 PDT

    As long time readers of InfoSec News know, I have a short list of
    charities I try to support, and if an event comes up where I think I
    can help out, and its somewhat in the context of the list, I'll post
    something here.

    Its come to my attention that The Special Operations Warrior
    Foundation (SOWF) is getting ready to hold their 5th Annual Warrior
    Relay Run October 14 - 17.

    http://www.specialops.org/

    The SOWF will have about 20 special operations troops - Army, Navy and
    Air Force, who will be running 335-miles in four days, to raise money
    for the children of special operations forces who are killed in an
    operational mission or training accident.

    Since Sept. 11th, the special operations community has lost 39
    personnel leaving some 33 children without a parent. Since 1980,
    America has lost 371 special operations personnel in operational
    missions or training accidents, leaving behind 386 children without a
    parent.

    The Warrior Relay Run is one of the SOWF's major fundraisers and they
    are actively looking for sponsors, but also would like to see public
    involvement by getting out on the streets to cheer these runners on as
    they make their journey from Fayetteville, NC to the Pentagon.

    Over the years I have met many of these "Quiet Professionals" and also
    have had the honor of working for one many years. I hope that some of
    you will take a few moments today looking over their site, and maybe
    making a donation.

    Thanks for your time and have a safe weekend!

    William Knowles
    wkat_private

    "Communications without intelligence is noise;  Intelligence
    without communications is irrelevant." Gen Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
    C4I.org - Computer Security, & Intelligence - http://www.c4i.org