FW: [ISN] Microsoft issues 51st security bulletin of the year

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 00:21:06 PDT

    Forwarded from: "Aaron Wilson" <AWilsonat_private>

    For those who are paying attention. "Patching" an antivirus program is
    not fixing a hole, it's adding to a signature definition so the
    program knows what a virus looks like. Microsoft, Sun, Mac, or any
    other software company that produce "Security Patches" for their
    products are fixing holes. Big gaping ones. Some you could drive a bus
    through.

    Point being, Microsoft has market share of product, and spotlight.

    Aaron

    | These are my opinions, and not those of my  |
    | employer, eLabor, Inc.                      |