Forwarded from: hugginsat_private You knew I couldn't leave this one alone... here we go, the report does not say who they were issued to or whether they were direct support assets or training computers. My experience shows that 75 percent will be dupe entries in the accounting data base and that of the remaining 25 percent they were either issued to officers or senior enlisted who either misplaced them or turned them in without following registered procedures. Than again I am being highly optomistic some sailor could be supporting his "girl in every port" v/r Michael CTOC USN Retired. > By Reuters > October 18, 2002, 5:21 PM PT > > The U.S. Pacific Fleet's warships and submarines were missing nearly > 600 computers as of late July, including at least 14 known to have > handled classified data, according to an internal Navy report > obtained on Friday. - ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY of the mail.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Wed Oct 23 2002 - 01:50:35 PDT